|Course name:||Certificate IV in Training & Assessment|
|Number available this year:||10|
|National code:||TAE - Training and Education|
|Provider:||Plenty Training (visit their website)|
|Careers:||There are a number of job role opportunities available to those who hold this nationally recognised qualification, including trainer, assessor, vocational education teacher, Registered Training Organisation (RTO) Trainer, and Training Advisor.|
This type of learning environment offers the perfect blend of flexibility and support. Students can attend live sessions consisting of trainer-led discussions, and participation in group collaboration activities from any location without the cost or hassle of travelling to a particular venue. All unit theory is delivered via recorded lessons available 24/7. The only thing needed is a computer with reasonable Internet connection, webcam, and audio functionality.
The Virtual+ class course consists of:
– Eight live and interactive online sessions with a trainer developing practical elements of each workbook, delivered monthly throughout the duration of the course which you can repeat as many times as you want! *
– Recorded lessons covering all course unit theory (available 24/7)
– Recorded online tutorials covering unit assessment ‘how to’ information
– One-day assessment workshop for unit TAEASS402^
– Optional delivery workshop (additional fees apply; subject to availability; detailed information HERE)
– NO vocational placement required!
– Weekly trainer-led Q&A support sessions
– Independent learning and assessment activities
*During each session you will interact with your trainer and fellow students. You will have the opportunity to develop drafts, network with other students and gain valuable hands-on experience with many of the assessment tasks. These practical elements will not cover any assessment tasks which are required to be observed, however, you will have the opportunity to link up with fellow attendees to complete these tasks at a later date. You can attend the same live session multiple times once you have viewed the corresponding unit theory lessons. We recommend that students attend or review approximately one session per month over the 12 months of the course.
^Subject to availability. Students also have the option to undertake the assessment activities for this unit independently or in a workplace, subject to meeting all pre-requisites. See PRE-REQUISITES section for full details.
All pathways: The following entry prerequisites apply to all students undertaking this course:
– You must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in your proposed teaching and assessing area. This means you need to have experience in the field in which you are going to train and assess, e.g., hairdressing, fitness, finance, etc. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification.
You must have:
– An appropriate level of English language skill which is important to the likelihood of participant success
– Access to a computer (with Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word and a web browser installed)
– Access to the internet
– Access to a video and audio recording device such as a smart phone or web cam
– An understanding of how to use Microsoft Word and Adobe Reader, be able to download, scan and upload documents, and know how to access online materials.
Virtual+ (live webinar) classes: There are some logistical issues relating to assessment which you must be able to address when undertaking the Virtual+ (live webinar) pathway:
Unit TAEASS402 Assess competence requires you to undertake assessments under the supervision of a qualified trainer / assessor. You may either:
– Attend an online interactive workshop provided by Plenty Training in which you may undertake these assessment activities (attendance at one of these regularly-scheduled workshops is included in your course fee); This workshop is delivered via the Adobe Connect platform.
– Students who choose to attend the online TAEASS402 Assess Competence assessment workshop must also have access to a computer enabled with audio and webcam functionality,
Undertake these assessment activities independently or in a workplace, subject to the following:
– You must have access to someone who possesses either (1) the TAE50111/TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training or (2) the TAE50211/TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development or (3) a higher level qualification in adult education, and is willing to supervise you undertaking these assessment activities. This person must be able to provide a copy of their qualification, evidence that they have current industry skills directly relevant to assessments, have current knowledge and skills in vocational training and learning, and have undertaken recent professional development in the fields of the knowledge and practice of competency based training and assessment.
– You must have access to at least five real candidates within the vocational education and training (VET) context who are willing for you to undertake assessments of them.
Unit TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning requires you to deliver two consecutive training sessions of at least 40 minutes duration to a learner group of at least eight individuals; plus another presentation to a group of at least eight individuals. You may either:
– Organise the three sessions and the eight participants yourself; or
– Attend a two-day face-to-face (available in most capital cities), OR three-day interactive online delivery session provided for this purpose.
Note: All webinar sessions (including any verbal contribution made by you) may be recorded and subsequently used as a pre-recorded webinar for access by other students. However no personal details are made available from the recording.
Plenty Training is a well respected private Registered Training Organisation (#32371) who specialise in delivering TAE qualifications.
We are currently rated 5/5 stars on Facebook and are often highly recommended by our past students. With over 10 years experience in the industry we are extremely proud of the thousands of everyday Australians who have trusted us with their studies.
We are excited about the opportunity to offer our TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment to aspiring trainers and assessors who are eager to pay it forward.